Monday, January 8, 2007

Remember Me?

Finally I got this to work. So much has happened since the last post. Christmas and New Years has come and gone. Let me try and think what has happened.

My pump broke on Christmas Eve. I was changing my site and it said motor error. So I called MiniMed and there was nothing we could do to fix it. Since it was Christmas Eve they were closed on Christmas and wouldn't reopen until Tuesday meaning I wouldn't get my pump until Wed. You don't realize how much you rely on the pump it made me realize how much I really do love it. A little piece of advice if you don't already do it.. write down your basils so when the pump wont let you look at them you are golden.

In other pump news I started the week of Thanksgiving so it hasn't even been 3months and before the pump my A1C was 8.8 (somewhere around there) and NOW!!! it's 7.0 yay!! I was so excited i cant wait to go back and see how much more its gone down. Plus i cant get over how i feel 100 times better then before.

In work news we just got a awesome grant with a lot of money so i am golden so i don't have to worry about not being kept on for money issues.

I'm back :)

4 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Super improvement with that A1C! Way to go!!

mel said...

welcome back liz ;)

Bernard said...

Sorry to hear that your pump died, that was awful timing.

Welcome back to the blogosphere and congratulations on those awesome A1C numbers, I hope it stays at 7 or below.

Sasha said...

Welcome back!
I was wondering where did you go.
I'm sorry your pump broke right on the Christmas Eve, but such great news on your A1C improvement! Congrats! Keep it going :)